Monday, December 12, 2011

Sanding and More sanding and a touch of stain





Well the tedious task of sanding the guitar body and neck is almost done. I started with 220grit paper then moved to 400, then 600 and finally 800. It took a couple of attempts and thanks to some web-found advice I learned some tricks to get scratches out and keep a nice smooth surface. Tonight I touched up the sanding and got my first round of black dye on the back of the neck. Measurements are now made to drill holes to mount the bridge and tail piece. Hopefully, tomorrow I will get the black stain on the back and sides of the guitar. After that has dried 24 hours, i'll give it a light sanding and another coat of black. THEN, I can start doing the purple for the front! See the photos and you'll see how nice the grain is going to show through the black on the neck. Can't wait to see the body when it has color!

No comments:

Post a Comment