Thursday, January 26, 2012

waiting.....

So it hasn't even been ONE week yet and I'm already getting tired of waiting for the lacquer to cure completely. I took the guitar by Little Rock Frets to show them the progress. While I was there, I learned a new word... seems like an appropriate place to use the word because my guitar sure does have some CHATOYANCY going on. What is chatoyancy? ask wiki

"Chatoyancy can also be used to refer to a similar effect in woodworking, where certain finishes will cause the wood grain to achieve a striking three-dimensional appearance.[1] This effect is often highly sought after, and is sometimes referred to as "wet look", since wetting wood with water often displays the chatoyancy, albeit only until the wood dries. Oil finishes and shellac can bring out the effect strongly."

No comments:

Post a Comment