Friday, February 17, 2012

Polishing and Final Assembly






The month long wait is over! I spent the past couple of days wet sanding the nitro finish down flat and level. Today, the guys at Little Rock Frets let me use their mandrel buffer to do the polishing. After about 2 hours of polishing the guitar was mirror smooth and shiny. I couldn't be happier with the end result for my first ever guitar! After the machine polish I had to spend about an hour hand buffing it with swirl remover. I think my arm may fall off after that! Tonight I mounted the Grover tuners and the pickups. I also shaped and mounted the nut. Of course, the pickups will have to come back out in order to wire it but the mounting holes are now situated. If everything goes as planned, I will be PLAYING this guitar tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment